I am not a very organized person. See how I handle my 52 week blog challenge? 😂😂. Not proud!!
I am not that busy as well. I just have to admit that I don’t have a good time management. I wish I’d be better with this.
In order to arrange time wisely, I have to understand my roles in life, haha. First of all, I am a wife, which means I have to spare my time with my husband to build a stronger and more firm relationship. Then, I am a mother of my son. He’s still a toddler and doesn’t go to school yet, so most of my time is dedicated to this little person. Although I have my own little family, I am also a daughter. I do have to spare some times for my family, especially as mom and dad are getting older. Plus, I am also a human who needs to fulfil my existence. I want to work, I want to volunteer, I want to hang out with friends, I want to seek and share knowledge, and sometimes I want (need) to be alone.
How to manage that? Uhmm… I don’t care, really. Hahahaha. Most of the time I just let my day go with the flow. Of course I make plans but I don’t really let myself frustrated if any of the plans failed or unfinished. I simply ask for an extension 😁. I am not a CEO or anything, so nobody cares anyway.
However, I have priorities which, obviously, are my family and home stuffs. Everything else are just the small things I am trying to fit in between the big important things.
Anyway, here is my tipical day…
1. Wake up at 5.30am (or around 5ish) to pray shubuh and read Quran. I usually open my laptop after that, to work a little before the sun rises. Sometimes I put on early alarm, around 3ish am when I am closer to deadline, to work. Once in two days, I go out for my morning jog. When it’s not jogging time, I continue working until 7.30am :mrgreen:. That’s about the same time I would finish my 3-5km run.
2. I cook for more or less an hour, which includes cooking for breakfast, lunch, and dinner altogether, haha. I prepare light breakfast such as bread, fried rice, fried noodle, or roasted potatoes and chickens (light, for Indonesians 😜). I immediately start cooking after breakfast with the family. When I don’t have to go in the morning, sometimes I only prepare for brekkie and cook lunch and dinner later at 11am.
3. We clean the house while letting K watches TV. I usually put dirty clothes to the washing machine and sweep floors. Hubby would clean the bedroom and mop floors. Our house is tiny so it only takes less than an hour to clean everything 😄. We normally finish the morning ritual at 9am, except in the weekend when our to do list is longer than the usual (includes cleaning bathroom, sweep spiders on the roof, clean water pumps, etc).
4. Hubby leaves the house for work. I would play with K, do the colouring, drawing, reading, anything he likes. We even go to the library or play ground if we’re too bored at home. If I have to meet people for work, or to attend seminar/workshop, I take K to my sister or mom. If I only have to go to office to report, or other not so important stuff, most of the time I would bring K along. My husband is pretty flexible with times as well, so in case I couldn’t be back at lunch time, he could manage time to take care of K for a bit.
5. K would nap after lunch, for about two hours. Good time for work 😁. But…sometimes I also take a nap, haha.
6. K wakes up at around 3.30pm. We bath, we watch TV, while waiting for Abi home (abi=dad). We would go around for sight seing with abi, then. Sight seing in here means riding motorbike around the nearby areas. Sometimes we do grocery shopping during this hours. Often, we go to my parents’ house. Basically, afternoon is free time. I usually arrange meeting with friends, community groups, within this hours.
7. After Maghrib (sunset) to sleep time, we usually just stay at home. I would iron clothes while watch TV. K would play with abi.
8. K sleeps at around 9.30pm or 10pm. This is usually a good time to catch up with hubby. When I am not too tired, I would work for about 2-3 hours before sleep. Otherwise, I just sleep right away and work earlier in the morning.
Basically my life revolves around K. I have to schedule things according to his activities. I only spend maybe around 5 to 6 hours for work, working from home. Most of the time, I am a mother and housewife 😁.